Go Golf Shoes
- Max RRP £50
- Elite 2 RRP £80
- Ultra-lightweight, responsive ULTRA FLIGHT™ midsole cushioning
- Synthetic and mesh fabric upper
- Durable grip TPU outsole
- Skechers GOGA Max® technology insole for high-rebound cushioning
- Water-resistant protection with Dri-Lex® moisture management interior2
- Smooth synthetic upper with textured mesh fabric panels
- Side stitching and overlay detail trim
- Mesh side and collar panels with geometric pattern fabric underlay
- Lace up front
- Soft fabric shoe lining
- Cushioned comfort insole based on GOwalk Max walking shoe design
Being sent 2 pair of golf shoes to trial from Skechers, I was able to do a comparison and be able to identify the best situations one shoe might work over the other. I started playing golf again straight after lock down one. I did not wear the Max in walking around the house days and nights before wearing them, I took them straight out onto the golf course day 1. Now that might not sound a big thing, but broken toes and big feet for a women aren’t all that conducive for comfort and in truth I do struggle with footwear.So being able to wear the max golf shoes straight away was a massive positiveFast forward 6 months and I feel in a good position to say how they have faired up during my golf season of 2020. Being in lockdown but still being able to play golf, my travel has been somewhat curtailed so I have finally benefitted from my annual membership at my own golf club and played a lot more than previously, 3 and occasionally 4 times a week, so the trial has been a real one, lets say!I also did the sprinkler test, as you will see on you tube, link below – I got soaked, my socks didn’t, even though these are only badged as shower proof, I have not got wet feet at all wearing them, but I haven’t worn them in heavy rain/or really wet grass.
I think they are perfect for travelling, especially if you are going somewhere warm, they are so light weight and easy to pack.
I did notice some wear and tear on them, whether this is my boney feet or the accepted norm, I don’t know, but the inside of the heels did wear away on both feet. The other thing I notice was a permanent crease across the fold of the toes – I don’t think this is abnormal, so I wasn’t unhappy with this. And even the wearing on the back of the heels wasn’t detrimental to the comfort. The Max did not stretch over time and were true to the size for fitting
I would definitely buy Skechers Go Golf Max.
- Waterproof woven jacquard textured fabric upper
- Outdry® patented waterproof protection creates a waterproof, breathable barrier
- Outdry® is a registered trademark of OutDry Technologies Corp.
- Lightweight, responsive 5GEN® cushioning
- High-performance Resamax® cushioned insole
- Durable TPU grip outsole for added traction
- Weight: 8.75 oz. per shoe in a women’s size 7
- Smooth waterproof textured jacquard fabric upper
- Woven-in two tone spectator design
- Visually appealing pattern detailing
- Side S logo
- Lace up front
- Padded collar and tongue
- Translucent spikeless TPU traction outsole
Moving into the Autumn, and the wetter colder conditions, I switched to Sketchers Go Golf Elite 2 – again I didn’t have to wear them in, strap my feet up with plasters and blister plasters or do any preparation of my feet for the Elite 2, they fitted like a glove immediately and have remained the same, so far.
Heavier in weight, they could also be used for travelling, especially if you’re looking for a classic good looking shoe and the weather at your destination might be a bit unknown. Spikeless winter shoes I haven’t slipped over during autumn and eagerly await my winter golf (when I say eagerly!)
Again the most comfortable shoe, true to its size and a good looking shoe.
Being waterproof, they too passed the sprinkler test, but importantly they have also stood up to the riggers of golf in a wet autumn mud and leaves.
There is the same wear and tear inside the heel, so maybe it is me!!
But their overall appearance is classic
A good all-round golf shoe that can do everything.
Yes to both pairs, based on comfort, they are the best